Principal Steve Stotts
Welcome from Principal Stotts
Greetings from Altoona Elementary School. My name is Steve Stotts and I am looking forward to my first year as principal at Altoona Elementary. I have worked in the Southeast Polk School District for a period of ten years, serving as Centennial Elementary principal for nine years, before completing the 2011-2012 school year as Director of Human Resources for the district.
Altoona Elementary provides an exciting and unique learning environment for the children and the families we serve. We are committed to insuring academic excellence, mutual respect, and an appreciation of diversity. We will work extremely hard to provide challenging learning experiences, productive communication, and leadership opportunities for our students. We want our students to be established problem-solvers and confident learners who succeed in the school setting and beyond.
Throughout this journey, it is important for our school to seek and foster healthy relationships with our parents, guardians and extended families. We truly value your input and want you to be a part of something very special. This partnership will support your child’s overall success at Altoona Elementary. As always, we appreciate your support!
At Altoona Elementary we believe…
- Every student can learn
- Every student should feel valued
- Every student deserves to learn in a safe, positive environment
- Student learning should be celebrated
- Teachers, Parents, Students, and Staff Members all share responsibility for student learning
We look forward to meeting and working with you this school year. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. I can be reached at email@example.com or (515) 967-3771.
Additional Facts about our School:
- Altoona Elementary serves approximately 355 students in grades Pre-K through fifth grade with 48 staff members.
- We are nearly a complete three section building at each grade level.
- Our students receive art, music, physical education, media, 5th grade band, and guidance instruction on a weekly to bi-weekly basis
- Additional support is provided to our students through our English Language Learner, Special Education, Talented & Gifted, and Reading programs.
- Students in grades 3-5 also receive the opportunity to participate in our Altoona Student Council program.