● Honors Assembly (by invitation): Wednesday, May 19, 2021
○ 1:30 p.m. – Southeast Polk High School
● Graduation (Commencement) Rehearsal: Monday, May 24, 2021
○ 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Southeast Post High School Gymnasium
● Cap/Gown Distribution: Monday, May 24, 2021
○ 8:00 – 8:45 a.m. – Pool Entrance Hallway
● Commencement Ceremony: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
○ 6:30 p.m. – Drake Stadium
■ Students should enter the stadium on the northeast corner.
○ Please note that rain make-up date is Thursday, May 27, 2021
1. Rehearsal for the commencement ceremony is essential. You must be present in order to
participate in the ceremony. Be sure to make arrangements with work (or any other conflicts)
ahead of time to ensure you are present and on time. Mark your calendars now!
2. Your attentiveness and cooperation will help rehearsal to run smoothly and finish in a timely
3. If you do not plan to participate in commencement or your plans change, please notify your
counselor as soon as possible.
4. If you are not at commencement, you may pick up your diploma in the Counseling Office the
week following graduation from 7:30 a.m. – 3:3o p.m. or make arrangements with Mr. Brand.
1. Commencement will be held at Drake Stadium. Each graduate is allotted 6 tickets for guests.
Guests will be assigned to a specific section of the stadium.
2. Graduates need to be at Drake Stadium and checked in/ seated no later than 6:15 p.m.
1. Dress appropriately.
2. Store your gown with care prior to commencement. Remove it from the bag after you receive it
and place it on a hanger to allow wrinkles to fall out. Put your gown on at the Bell Center to
3. Corsages and boutonnieres (or any other decoration) are not to be worn on your gown.
4. Cap is to be worn straight with the tassel to the right. No additional decoration of any sort
should be on the cap.
1. There are to be no fog horns, silly string, party poppers, confetti, beach balls, or any type of
ball, balloons, or gum taken into Drake Stadium. This will be strictly enforced, and those
involved will be removed.
2. You will be seated in assigned seats. Remember that students must remain in alphabetical
order so as not to disrupt the distribution of diploma covers on stage.
3. Diploma covers will be presented by rows. As the usher instructs your row to rise, all graduates
in that row will rise and walk toward the stage. Wait at the steps until your name is called.
Hesitate slightly when receiving your cover to allow the photographer to take your picture.
5. Accept the diploma with your left hand; shake hands with your right hand.
6. As you leave the stage, move your tassel from the right to the left.
7. Return to your row and be seated immediately.
8. You will recess by rows starting from the front.