April 5, 2023
With over 200 people in attendance, we’d say Preschool Palooza was a big hit! Families were able to visit with Sparky the Fire Dog, and Thea the pet therapist. Hector Morales from the Des Moines Symphony serenaded them with violin music and also taught the children how to play an instrument! Turner Construction showed them how to safely build a tower. Students were able to create artistic masterpieces, discover how to make raisins dance, plant flower seeds, learn about library programs, the 529 College Savings Program plus much more. Thank you to all of our community partners for making this an amazing event for our youngest learners.
As part of the annual Week of the Young Child celebration, The Little Rams Preschool will be hosting their Preschool Palooza Night on Tuesday, April 4 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at Clay Elementary. This event will include a special presentation by Blank Park Zoo from 6:30 – 7:00 pm.
Please join us for this fabulous fun-filled evening!
○ Music Monday is more than singing and dancing, it’s a way to encourage children to be active
while developing their early literacy skills and having fun with friends and family!
○ Tasty Tuesday isn’t just about eating your favorite snacks together. It’s also about cooking
together and connecting math with literacy skills and science while introducing ways to
incorporate healthy habits into children’s lifestyles
Work Together Wednesday
○ When children build together they experience teamwork and develop their social and early
literacy skills. Grab some materials and create!
○ Children develop creativity, social skills and fine motor skills with open–ended art projects where
they can make choices, use their imaginations, and create with their hands. On Artsy Thursday,
celebrate the joy and learning children experience when engaged in creative art making
○ We will end our week by celebrating our preschool friendships! Parents and families are children’s first teachers. Plan a special fun day for you and your