Southeast Polk Families,
The 2020 – 2021 school year is just around the corner. Just a few weeks away! In an effort for you and your child(ren) to be prepared for the year, below is important information regarding school meals at Southeast Polk. Don’t forget we offer breakfast and lunch each day and have a variety of choices K-12. Parents of elementary students, please pay extra attention to item #8.
2. Meal Eligibility Applications – Don’t forget to apply! Apply online through SchoolCafe! Step by step instructions as well as a short video can be found here.
3. Online Meal Payments (preferred method of payment) – Meal payments are made through RamMall (www.southeastpolk.org -> Quick Links -> RamMall -> Meal Payments). No payments are taken through SchoolCafe. If you made online payments before, use your same log-in and password as you have before. If you have not, an account must be made. Once logged in, you will need your child(ren)’s school ID# (found on your Campus Portal) and last name to link their SEP meal account to the payment system. Step by step instructions can be found here.
4. Low-balance reminders –Low balance reminders will be emailed Sunday – Thursday based on these criteria: Free eligible < $0, Reduced eligible ≤ $3.00 and Paid eligible ≤ $10.00. You are able to set up additional reminders based on your own determined account balance status through SchoolCafe and/or RevTrak(RamMall.
5. Menus – All menus can be found on the SEP website (Quick Links-> menus) or with the SchoolCafe app. You do not need to have an account with SchoolCafe to view the menu. View as a guest from the website or make an account and have menus at your fingertips from the SchoolCafe app. For more information on how to register, and the benefits to using SchoolCafe for your menus click here for steps to register. Elementary menus for download may be found on the Breakfast and Lunch Menus page. (www.southeastpolk.org ->Departments-> Food and Nutrition Services -> Breakfast and Lunch Menus). Breakfast and lunch are offered daily. Menus will be posted soon.
6. Meals for students learning remotely- The SEP Food & Nutrition Services Department will be offering meals to send home with students choosing Hybrid 2 at the end of the day while onsite. Students who chose to learn fulltime online, also have the opportunity to pick up meals. Meals for both will be pre-ordered. All meals must be paid for based on student eligibility (paid, reduced or free). Watching for more information and an online order form to come.
7. Visiting for Lunch- Due to COVID-19, we will not be allowing parents or any adults to join any child for lunch. If and when this changes, we will be sure to let you know.
8. **IMPORTANT FOR ELEMENTARY STUDENTS & PARENTS** – We no longer use lunch tickets at all elementary buildings. Students are required to state their name to the cashiering staff. Moving forward there will be no more lunch tickets. Each student must state their name in this format: First initial of last name, First name (example: S, Bob). Please work with your child before school starts on stating their name in this format! We greatly appreciate the preparation and help!
9. Spring Creek and Junior High parents- Students will no longer be inputting their school ID into pin pads in the lunch line. We will now use student ID barcodes. There will be limited a la carte items for sale at both buildings. You can set purchase restrictions through your SchoolCafe account.
10. High School parents- Students will no longer be inputting their school ID into pin pads in the lunch line. Your child is encouraged to download the SchoolCafe app and setup an account as a student. Their ID barcode is on the app and can be used at lunch even if they’ve misplaced their ID card. Here is where you can find instructions to set up an account.
11. What is the SEP Food & Nutrition Services department doing to decrease the spread of COVID-19:
If you have questions or concern please to email email@example.com or call Brandy Jankowski, Food & Nutrition Services Admin Assistant @ 515-957-3432 or Amy A’Hearn, Director of Food & Nutrition Services @ 515-957-3431.
Thank you! We are looking forward to seeing your child(ren) soon!